Contest?

 :: General :: Tambayan

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contest?

Post by bokkins on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys, ano gusto nyong contest? start natin in a few days.

bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10298
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down


Re: Contest?

Post by AUSTRIA on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:50 am

3DZONE wrote:makikisali na rin po ako...pwede rin yung any small 3D scene na tayo ang gagawa mismo ng model....hindi lang pang architecture or interior pati mga product designer makikisali dito...kasi nga small scene lang naman eh..ang titingnan natin dito ay yung realism na scene at originality....dapat complete with accessories..... Very Happy

Pareng aries nice suggestion din....alam naman natin lahat na Rendering ang patok sa lahat

Next please!!!!


AUSTRIA
CGP Le Corbusier
CGP Le Corbusier

Number of posts : 2421
Registration date : 19/09/2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by korngrain69 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:01 pm

a tribute siguro for steve jobs, like... ano kaya ang next look ng apple iphone or tab if hes still alive? parang ganoon lang. good luck sa contest!

korngrain69
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 823
Age : 66
Location : hanapin mo ako!
Registration date : 18/12/2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by bokkins on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Thanks sa mga suggestions guys. Meron na akong naisip na contest. Revival of the Old Glory Series ang title. First stop, Jai Alai Building.

Mechanics is Model and Render of the Jai Alai facade. Simple Contest lang. I'm planning to exhibit the winning pieces. Also, donate it to the libraries of all architecture school and the UAP Headquarters.

bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10298
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by bokkins on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:58 pm

http://oldphilippines.blogspot.com/2009/11/jai-alai-building.html

bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10298
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by bokkins on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:59 pm

We'll consider your suggestions in the future contest. Thanks guys!

bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10298
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by nullbreak15 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Contest? sige po ano mechanics? sali ako dyan.. paki detailed nalang po yung mechanics lalo na po yung rules at deadline. hehehehe exiting

nullbreak15
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 26
Age : 32
Location : Manila
Registration date : 15/11/2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by cloud20 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:31 pm

korngrain69 wrote:a tribute siguro for steve jobs, like... ano kaya ang next look ng apple iphone or tab if hes still alive? parang ganoon lang. good luck sa contest!

--I don't think Jobs merits a contest here.

cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Age : 51
Location : angeles city
Registration date : 21/09/2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by v_wrangler on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:34 pm

If you will go for ARCHITECTURAL THEMED contests, I would still prefer remaking the early 60's to the 80's. Why? because most of us have memories of that period and whats even better when you relive your experiences of the past rather than rebuild something you have never seen and simply rely on historical data, I am sure that people will end up using the same materials from nearly the same sources. Also there will be issues on copyrights, who gets the credit etc blah blah when the forum uses the contest and eventually donate them to society.

If I will produce a gig here in guise of a contest - I'll stop making it a contest. I'll secure funding from the historical associations and turn it up into a real -paying job for the lowlies like me here.

One more thing. Going archi leaves all non-archis in the dark....

Time to think of something to console those two forum audiences....

Also - try to check first what judges would liek to see. Are we judging based on rendering skills? Modeling skills? texturing? That Animation? Compostion?

By streamlining what you need, you can determine the timeframe for the contest, or whetjer you'd need them work on the same scene or object (well you can judge them based on that easily), who to ask for prizes or sponsors, etc.

Going up for a free eat-all-you can theme, will be haywire for your judges...

Just my 1 peso.


v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1988
Age : 46
Location : Northern Mountains
Registration date : 29/03/2009

View user profile http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by nomeradona on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:05 am

nice peso dude Vertex. I agree completely with what you put on the table.

nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Age : 48
Location : HCMC Vietnam
Registration date : 22/09/2008

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by bokkins on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks sa response guys. I'm happy to announce na may contest na tayo. It's gonna be an old building in the modern day setting. I'm finishing the guidelines and hope to post it later tonight. I'm also lucky to find models of these buildings courtesy of our cgpip mel. He's been generous to lend us his thesis models. Selected works will be featured in his and our magazine and website.

Here's a sample of a draft I did. I hope everyone's excited. Smile


bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10298
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by zdesign on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:47 pm

nice thought vertex...

sir bokk tanong lang anong building to di ako familiar e...

zdesign
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3746
Age : 46
Location : lugar ng yanu... / dubai
Registration date : 09/12/2009

View user profile http://zdesignviz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by AUSTRIA on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:48 am

Nice contest bro boks!!!!

_________________
"The Prayers of a righteous man is Powerful and Effective"



AUSTRIA
CGP Le Corbusier
CGP Le Corbusier

Number of posts : 2421
Age : 37
Location : Abu Dhabi UAE
Registration date : 19/09/2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by nyop on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:43 am

sige sige sali tayo dyan... hippie

nyop
Super Janitor
Super Janitor

Number of posts : 966
Age : 44
Location : australian capital territory
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile http://joperdavid.weebly.com/rendering.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by bokkins on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:58 am

zdesign wrote:nice thought vertex...

sir bokk tanong lang anong building to di ako familiar e...

Jai Alai Building bro. Katabi ng masagana supermarket sa taft avenue. Sa likod ng Adamson University. Wala na to ngayon kaya magandang irecreate.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2006/2248977381_4de9ca6b0c_o.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/jai%20alai%20building/bigwill88/ww22/22.jpg

bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10298
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by bokkins on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:58 am

AUSTRIA wrote:Nice contest bro boks!!!!

nyop wrote:sige sige sali tayo dyan... hippie

Thanks mga bro!

bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10298
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by bokkins on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:01 am

v_wrangler wrote:If you will go for ARCHITECTURAL THEMED contests, I would still prefer remaking the early 60's to the 80's. Why? because most of us have memories of that period and whats even better when you relive your experiences of the past rather than rebuild something you have never seen and simply rely on historical data, I am sure that people will end up using the same materials from nearly the same sources. Also there will be issues on copyrights, who gets the credit etc blah blah when the forum uses the contest and eventually donate them to society.

If I will produce a gig here in guise of a contest - I'll stop making it a contest. I'll secure funding from the historical associations and turn it up into a real -paying job for the lowlies like me here.

One more thing. Going archi leaves all non-archis in the dark....

Time to think of something to console those two forum audiences....

Also - try to check first what judges would liek to see. Are we judging based on rendering skills? Modeling skills? texturing? That Animation? Compostion?

By streamlining what you need, you can determine the timeframe for the contest, or whetjer you'd need them work on the same scene or object (well you can judge them based on that easily), who to ask for prizes or sponsors, etc.

Going up for a free eat-all-you can theme, will be haywire for your judges...

Just my 1 peso.


I think ito muna V, we'll do another contest na hindi architecture ang theme. We did one before, kaya ito naman ulit.

bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10298
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Contest?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:55 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: General :: Tambayan

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum