Pacquiao gives up lightweight title

 :: General :: Tambayan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pacquiao gives up lightweight title

Post by ERICK on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:43 pm

MEXICO CITY (AFP) – Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao has gven up his World Boxing Council lightweight world title.

Pacquiao, who is considered boxing's top pound-for-pound fighter, cited his desire to compete in the super lightweight division as his reason for vacating his crown.

Pacquiao is getting ready to face Britain's Ricky Hatton on May 2 in Las Vegas.

Pacquiao (48-3-2, 26 KOs) firmly entrenched himself as a superstar and perhaps the sport's best pound-for-pound fighter in December when he dominated Oscar De La Hoya with speed and accuracy from beginning to end, scoring an eighth-round technical knockout victory.

Beating De La Hoya was just one of a host of accomplishments in 2008 for Pacquiao, who also defeated Juan Manuel Marquez to win the WBC super featherweight title in March, then took down David Diaz to claim the WBC lightweight title in June.

ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Number of posts : 3895
Age : 35
Location : Makati, Philippines
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile http://www.ericktorio.tk http://www.coroflot.com/ericktorio

Back to top Go down

Re: Pacquiao gives up lightweight title

Post by cloud20 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:45 pm

how i wish i could watch this with you master erick... sarap ng sigawan siguro no... buttrock

cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Age : 51
Location : angeles city
Registration date : 21/09/2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pacquiao gives up lightweight title

Post by Butz_Arki on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:50 pm

tiyak yun master cloud...cge pupusta ko kay hatton..hehehe...Joke!! Pinoy is the best!! thanks for sharing bro erik...

Butz_Arki
Superbeast
Superbeast

Number of posts : 4077
Age : 35
Location : Guinea Ecuatorial,United States of Africa
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile Http://butzoy.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pacquiao gives up lightweight title

Post by ERICK on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:53 pm

cloud20 wrote:how i wish i could watch this with you master erick... sarap ng sigawan siguro no... buttrock

sigurado nasa muntinlupa sports complex ako nito.. hehehehe

ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Number of posts : 3895
Age : 35
Location : Makati, Philippines
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile http://www.ericktorio.tk http://www.coroflot.com/ericktorio

Back to top Go down

Re: Pacquiao gives up lightweight title

Post by ERICK on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Butz_Arki wrote:tiyak yun master cloud...cge pupusta ko kay hatton..hehehe...Joke!! Pinoy is the best!! thanks for sharing bro erik...

ehehe.. thanks ser butz

ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Number of posts : 3895
Age : 35
Location : Makati, Philippines
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile http://www.ericktorio.tk http://www.coroflot.com/ericktorio

Back to top Go down

Re: Pacquiao gives up lightweight title

Post by alwin on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 pm

sa akin lang opinion mahihirapan si pacquiao o matalo pa siguro kasi bata
pa si hatton lalaban nang patagalan yan sanay sa malaking kalaban! try to observe the fight of hagler & hearns c hearns paakyat c hagler legitimate,
trinidad & hopkins c trinidad paakyat c hopkins legitimate. marami pang katulad nang ganyan. pero i think this is a good fight !

alwin
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 2166
Age : 43
Location : basurero sa cebu
Registration date : 22/01/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pacquiao gives up lightweight title

Post by bokkins on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 pm

alwin wrote:sa akin lang opinion mahihirapan si pacquiao o matalo pa siguro kasi bata
pa si hatton lalaban nang patagalan yan sanay sa malaking kalaban! try to observe the fight of hagler & hearns c hearns paakyat c hagler legitimate,
trinidad & hopkins c trinidad paakyat c hopkins legitimate. marami pang katulad nang ganyan. pero i think this is a good fight !

mas matanda si hatton kay pacquio ng ilang buwan. maganda ang laban na to. panalo si pacquiao dito. mas mautak sya kaysa kay hatton. lalo na ngayong doctor pacquiao na sya! haha buttrock

bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10297
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Pacquiao gives up lightweight title

Post by ERICK on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:58 pm

bokkins wrote:
alwin wrote:sa akin lang opinion mahihirapan si pacquiao o matalo pa siguro kasi bata
pa si hatton lalaban nang patagalan yan sanay sa malaking kalaban! try to observe the fight of hagler & hearns c hearns paakyat c hagler legitimate,
trinidad & hopkins c trinidad paakyat c hopkins legitimate. marami pang katulad nang ganyan. pero i think this is a good fight !

mas matanda si hatton kay pacquio ng ilang buwan. maganda ang laban na to. panalo si pacquiao dito. mas mautak sya kaysa kay hatton. lalo na ngayong doctor pacquiao na sya! haha buttrock

kurak... hippie

ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Number of posts : 3895
Age : 35
Location : Makati, Philippines
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile http://www.ericktorio.tk http://www.coroflot.com/ericktorio

Back to top Go down

Re: Pacquiao gives up lightweight title

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:37 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: General :: Tambayan

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum