reminder to dads like me

 :: General :: Tambayan

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

reminder to dads like me

Post by nomeradona on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:36 am

First topic message reminder :

i know a lot of people had read this.. but again a good reminder for us dads....

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door...

SON: 'Daddy, may I ask you a question?'

DAD: 'Yeah sure, what it is?' replied the man.

SON: 'Daddy, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?' the man said angrily.

SON: 'I just want to know.. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'If you must know, I make $50 an hour.'

SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: 'Daddy, may I please borrow $25?'
The father was furious, 'If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolities.. '

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down , and started to think:

Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $25.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

'Are you asleep, son?' He asked.

'No daddy, I'm awake,' replied the boy..

'I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier' said the man. 'It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $25 you asked for.'

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. 'Oh, thank you daddy!' he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.

The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

'Why do you want more money if you already have some?' the father grumbled.

'Because I didn't have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied.

'Daddy, I have $50 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.'

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do remember to share that $50 worth of your time with someone you love.

If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of hours. But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives..

nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Age : 48
Location : HCMC Vietnam
Registration date : 22/09/2008

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down


Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by deosrock on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:53 am

-perfect ito, give ample tym for family

deosrock
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 2033
Registration date : 24/03/2009

View user profile http://deosrock.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by ishae_clanx on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:12 am

very nice...im not yet a father but i really like the story!!
TFS sir... 2thumbsup

ishae_clanx
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1266
Age : 35
Location : Kalinga City and Baguio City
Registration date : 18/03/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by callow_arki28 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:15 pm

ngayon ko lang nabasa to, thanks sir nomer! Very Happy

callow_arki28
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 440
Age : 34
Location : manila
Registration date : 27/02/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by dhandora on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:54 am

yeah, and it hurts more lalo na kung nasa ibang bansa ka nagtratrabaho.....

dhandora
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 54
Age : 33
Location : queen city of the south, mother land of the east (jeddah)
Registration date : 26/01/2009

View user profile http://www.dhandora.carbonmade.com

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:52 pm

ngayon ko lang nabasa tong kwento na to. very touching indeed. quality time din sa wife para kumpleto 2thumbsup

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by ramzARKI on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:44 pm

wow nice story sir nomer...naiyak ako don ha...hehehe

ramzARKI
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 949
Age : 33
Location : Davao City/Doha Qatar
Registration date : 08/05/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by Allan Amor on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:21 am

Tnx. for sharing the story sir.. what we need to realize is that our purpose in life is to love.. money is just a tool... 2thumbsup :

Allan Amor
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 44
Age : 40
Location : philippines
Registration date : 20/08/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by marcelinoiii on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:52 am

thanks po sa reminder brother... sarap talaga umuwi ng bahay kahit pagod basta nandyan wife and kid ko nakasalubong with hugs and kisses... gaya ng sinabi nyo, our family needs us the most, more than anything in the world!!!

at para kay KettleRender, cheers to you! I just resigned myself, iniwan ko ang walang pusong company at thankful ako sobra that my previous company called and ask to have me back... such a blessing di ba po?

Let's all keep our faith at laging ibalance ang time for work and family... but still more often, choose our family!!!

peace man

marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Age : 34
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 29/07/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by revtrax on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:00 am

very touching which is really happening...

revtrax
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 262
Age : 41
Location : Dubai
Registration date : 15/08/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by marcelinoiii on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:04 am

pakwento na din po bago ko off dito office... para po sa nakararami dito sa thread na to, not to mention names... sa part ko po kasi when I left Philippines and came here in Singapore, I made it a point that I am with my wife and daughter... I never wanted to leave them so I ma very thankful kay God that we made it here. It was tough at first to be having them here while either my wife and I hunt for job... and with the faith and strength from above, 2 years na po kami this month dito and we are all happy together. I am so thankful God made me do the right decision for my family. even though before, my in-laws were at doubt and wanting me to leave my family in the Philippines, I insisted and told them we have faith and I will make it for my family... whew, kakaluha din pg naiisip ko pinagdaanan nmin dito... pero of course, happiness and love prevailed!!! Very Happy

marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Age : 34
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 29/07/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by mammoo_03 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:34 pm

thanks for sharing sir. wake up call and self realization. god bless to all...

mammoo_03
The Exhibitioner
The Exhibitioner

Number of posts : 2417
Age : 37
Location : manila, makati, dubai
Registration date : 20/09/2008

View user profile http://www.coroflot.com/archmlcm

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by AJ Cortez on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:52 pm

This is so true...thanks for sharing!!! Time to get home!!!!

AJ Cortez
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 342
Age : 40
Location : NYC
Registration date : 30/12/2008

View user profile http://www.3d-mg.com

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by nomeradona on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:52 pm

marcelinoiii wrote:pakwento na din po bago ko off dito office... para po sa nakararami dito sa thread na to, not to mention names... sa part ko po kasi when I left Philippines and came here in Singapore, I made it a point that I am with my wife and daughter... I never wanted to leave them so I ma very thankful kay God that we made it here. It was tough at first to be having them here while either my wife and I hunt for job... and with the faith and strength from above, 2 years na po kami this month dito and we are all happy together. I am so thankful God made me do the right decision for my family. even though before, my in-laws were at doubt and wanting me to leave my family in the Philippines, I insisted and told them we have faith and I will make it for my family... whew, kakaluha din pg naiisip ko pinagdaanan nmin dito... pero of course, happiness and love prevailed!!! Very Happy

bro. i could ever agree with you. I am always thankful that family are together kahit na nasa abroad...The family.. Parents and children.. they need its other.. financial, moral, spiritual support.. and the family is the smallest church of the society. how about husband and wife relationship..there is always a deep longing between husband and wife.. they became one after marriage. Do you know that temptation is great kapag magkalayo ang magasawa? its natural... Satan always love to create an appeal our of the natural need of husband and wife... ANg dami kong nakita talaga sa mga nangibang bayan that the family crumbles because of this longing na pinalitan ng other alternatives...

yes financial thing is one thing at mabuhay talaga ang mga nangingibang bayan na nagsasacrificio para sa pamilya. mas mabuhay parin ang mga taong inspite of absence faithful parin sila sa bawat isa.. but the reality is reality...

please do not quote me wrong that im against sa mga nagaabroad ok. i am with this, and as a matter of fact im one.

But always consider, as much as possible na maging intact and family no matter what. We have prayed and we have seen answer from our prayers..many cases already were the dad is here in vietnam and the family is in the Philippines. we prayed that the family became one- reunited.. Companies agreed that the family will be one. and we have seen how the impossible became possibility.. We have also seen na choose na umuwi, found a good job in Philippines and happy together with wife and children. It's God's will to restore families and build families, and this families to be intact. Even if you look at the bible nor any other readings, see how important is the Family... And if it's His will, I guess there is no impossible for Him to answer right?

Kaya ikaw Marcelinoii, tama ang desisyon mo bro... and there is no great happiness other than being with your beloved ones...

nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Age : 48
Location : HCMC Vietnam
Registration date : 22/09/2008

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by marcelinoiii on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:29 am

nomeradona wrote:
marcelinoiii wrote:pakwento na din po bago ko off dito office... para po sa nakararami dito sa thread na to, not to mention names... sa part ko po kasi when I left Philippines and came here in Singapore, I made it a point that I am with my wife and daughter... I never wanted to leave them so I ma very thankful kay God that we made it here. It was tough at first to be having them here while either my wife and I hunt for job... and with the faith and strength from above, 2 years na po kami this month dito and we are all happy together. I am so thankful God made me do the right decision for my family. even though before, my in-laws were at doubt and wanting me to leave my family in the Philippines, I insisted and told them we have faith and I will make it for my family... whew, kakaluha din pg naiisip ko pinagdaanan nmin dito... pero of course, happiness and love prevailed!!! Very Happy

bro. i could ever agree with you. I am always thankful that family are together kahit na nasa abroad...The family.. Parents and children.. they need its other.. financial, moral, spiritual support.. and the family is the smallest church of the society. how about husband and wife relationship..there is always a deep longing between husband and wife.. they became one after marriage. Do you know that temptation is great kapag magkalayo ang magasawa? its natural... Satan always love to create an appeal our of the natural need of husband and wife... ANg dami kong nakita talaga sa mga nangibang bayan that the family crumbles because of this longing na pinalitan ng other alternatives...

yes financial thing is one thing at mabuhay talaga ang mga nangingibang bayan na nagsasacrificio para sa pamilya. mas mabuhay parin ang mga taong inspite of absence faithful parin sila sa bawat isa.. but the reality is reality...

please do not quote me wrong that im against sa mga nagaabroad ok. i am with this, and as a matter of fact im one.

But always consider, as much as possible na maging intact and family no matter what. We have prayed and we have seen answer from our prayers..many cases already were the dad is here in vietnam and the family is in the Philippines. we prayed that the family became one- reunited.. Companies agreed that the family will be one. and we have seen how the impossible became possibility.. We have also seen na choose na umuwi, found a good job in Philippines and happy together with wife and children. It's God's will to restore families and build families, and this families to be intact. Even if you look at the bible nor any other readings, see how important is the Family... And if it's His will, I guess there is no impossible for Him to answer right?

Kaya ikaw Marcelinoii, tama ang desisyon mo bro... and there is no great happiness other than being with your beloved ones...

Sir Nomer, maraming salamat po sa kind words... and for the words of wisdom para sa lahat.

Agree po ko sa mga nasabi nyo regarding sa mga issues ng couples na magkalayo dami tlga disadvantages. I am just so deeply thankful sa itaas na ito ang binigay nyang blessing sa family ko, for us to be together. Sana nga po maging inspiration sa mga ngtatrabaho abroad ang ganitong setup ng family... to be together always no matter what... Gaya nga ng nasabi nyo, nothing is impossible. share ko ulit, ang great Law of Attraction!!! It is the God Willing Gift that we are capable of, when I was back in the Philippines, I came to realize this subconciously... this Law of Attraction is actually a big secret from the so Called Book of Secret I heard from my bro when he related this to me telling me that he admired me for doing the right decision of my life, to bring my family here in Singapore with me and achieve our dreams together... anyway, the Law of Attraction works this way - Men are very capable of great things, and the answer to all our dreams is to visualize our dreams, believe in it and keep the faith!!! We turn in around and start with the faith, we pray to God our Lord Jesus Christ and get the strength from Him, to enlighten our minds and show us the way, eventually you will be blessed and given the gift to visualize your dream, having these, we then need to believe and again keep our faith... you will be amazed of the outcome when you realized you just had your dream come true... that's exactly what happened to me and how much I felt when I stepped into singapore with my wife Mate and that little kid Chloe there in my avatar...

I hope with these strong words from sir Nomer ang mine na rin would help a lot of us to achieve our goals and dreams with our family!!! God bless all our families!!!

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam - For the Greater Glory of God!!!

I've waited long enough to share this wonderful event in my life, I never had the chance to share it in our church yet, but I believe that doing it here is God's plan. I am sure, we are touching ones' heart.

Thanks sir nomer for starting this thread!

marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Age : 34
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 29/07/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by archbmc77 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:41 am

Thanks for sharing sir nomer. Nakakarelate kasi ako. Napaiyak tuloy ako ngayon. hehehehe

@ marcelinoiii, Bro i also believe to that "Law of attraction" And i am practicing it now. Ang laki ng pinagbago ko bro noong napanood ko yan (video kasi copya ko). From then on i always share this quote
" What you think and what you feel and what manifest is always a match."

archbmc77
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 502
Age : 39
Location : Cagayan de Oro City and K.S.A.
Registration date : 26/05/2009

View user profile http://dreamhousedesignphilippines.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by marcelinoiii on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:35 pm

archbmc77 wrote:Thanks for sharing sir nomer. Nakakarelate kasi ako. Napaiyak tuloy ako ngayon. hehehehe

@ marcelinoiii, Bro i also believe to that "Law of attraction" And i am practicing it now. Ang laki ng pinagbago ko bro noong napanood ko yan (video kasi copya ko). From then on i always share this quote
" What you think and what you feel and what manifest is always a match."

Archbmc, bro... nice to know na alam mo at isinasagawa na ang Law of Attraction... Let's all start spreading the news for the best of all! hehehe

It is a great start here, marami sa atin ang nangangailangan ng ganitong inspirational stories/testimonials..

God bless sa yo bro.

marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Age : 34
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 29/07/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by nomeradona on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:47 pm

do you know how can i access this Law of Attraction na to... im not really fully aware on this...

nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Age : 48
Location : HCMC Vietnam
Registration date : 22/09/2008

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by marcelinoiii on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:24 am

nomeradona wrote:do you know how can i access this Law of Attraction na to... im not really fully aware on this...

brother nomer, hi. for a start eto ang links at para sa lahat na din:

http://www.thesecret.tv/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJbE8

I only had a glimps of this video as well, I am not too familiar of all the contents, pero yun concept po ng Law of Attraction would be better understood thru the links I am sharing.

Read on po tyo at patuloy na ishare sa iba 2thumbsup

marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Age : 34
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 29/07/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by nomeradona on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:15 pm

thanks bro ill check it out.

nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Age : 48
Location : HCMC Vietnam
Registration date : 22/09/2008

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by Norman on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:30 pm

sir nom...ngayon ko lang nabasa ito...actually lagi kong nakikita sa latest post pero di ko binubuksan, siguro kasi di pa ako ganap na magulang pero na-touch naman....huhuhuhu...........thanks for sharing this story....

Norman
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3228
Registration date : 21/06/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by marcelinoiii on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:06 pm

f-41 pre, check out mo na din yun link sa taas: The Secret: Law of Attraction... something for us to apply in life for good and to share others...

marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Age : 34
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 29/07/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by KettleRenderer on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:13 am

marcelinoiii ...
im thinking of passion.. dedication..
sometime i feel that my company doesn't love me (us) back..
yun mga tipong pagod ka na kaka OTy.. but u cant help kce mas madaming dagdag the next day..
pls dont say na walang puso ang company mo.. maybe there are just things you both can not tahan ...
pero pag inatake ako ng kakapalan ng mukha.. i talk with my boss..

KettleRenderer
Kerengkeng
Kerengkeng

Number of posts : 1688
Age : 38
Location : Singapore, Turkey, Russia, Africa, Brazil
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by marcelinoiii on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:23 am

To All:

Simple reminder about what I just shared regarding The Secret: Law of Attraction... Our Brother Nomer just called my attention regarding the awkward facts and concept of this. Please forgive me if I didn't know much of this. Like I mentioned, I am not totally aware of all the contents. Our only advice is that no matter how effective this Law of Attraction to us, we need to understand and know that everything comes through Christ, and again, I would like to emphasize that our Lord Jesus is the answer to our dreams... He makes us realize and visualize them... all I thought was that the "secret" is some sort of discovering the virtues and righteousness, which is God and Jesus' way and thru their ways and will we can achieve great things... Anyway, when we come across this Law of Attraction, we must not forget all these pointers I just mentioned.

Please wait for Borther Nomer's reaction and comment on this one...

We stick on the topic, all this law of attraction stuff is to be dedicted to God, for the best of our family and love ones... everything that is achieved in the right and good way and thru Jesus Christ is a blessing and gift. We all consider our family as blessings and gift to us from above!

marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Age : 34
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 29/07/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by marcelinoiii on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:40 am

KettleRenderer wrote:marcelinoiii ...
im thinking of passion.. dedication..
sometime i feel that my company doesn't love me (us) back..
yun mga tipong pagod ka na kaka OTy.. but u cant help kce mas madaming dagdag the next day..
pls dont say na walang puso ang company mo.. maybe there are just things you both can not tahan ...
pero pag inatake ako ng kakapalan ng mukha.. i talk with my boss..

hi there, you are so right... and most of the time kailangan natin ng mukha to talk to our bosses straight and tell them the right things, or at least how we feel... I still couldn't get enough courage to do this though.

anyway, I think my boss is still ok, it is the way of our company which is I say na walang puso,... di kasi makatao yun pagpapatakbo nila, wala silang compassionate sa mga tao nila... dami ng bese ipinakita nila na wala silang concern sa iba, at sa dami ng inalis nila only because for them wala ng use, where in fact, as a team leader in my department, alam ko na kaylangan pa yun mga tinanggal... only because only a few of us are left useful for them, yun iba ala na sila pakiaalam, that's why I told my coworkers, kahit na alam ko isa ako sa gusto ng company na iretain at ikeep, aalis pa din ako, to show them that they don't just treat people wrongly, they need to realize too that they need people and not just throw them away when they're done with them.

hehe medyo seryoso na ata to OT natin... Rolling Eyes

marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Age : 34
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 29/07/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by KettleRenderer on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:44 am

marcelinoiii

if u want the copy of the documentary.. PM me.. i got

KettleRenderer
Kerengkeng
Kerengkeng

Number of posts : 1688
Age : 38
Location : Singapore, Turkey, Russia, Africa, Brazil
Registration date : 18/09/2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by marcelinoiii on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:50 am

KettleRenderer wrote:marcelinoiii

if u want the copy of the documentary.. PM me.. i got

the secret? yeah sure.. thanks. need to see this once and for all... I'm curious myself.

marcelinoiii
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1125
Age : 34
Location : Singapore
Registration date : 29/07/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reminder to dads like me

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:04 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 :: General :: Tambayan

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum